In general, you can visit poltronesofà's website and blog without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. In operating our site and our telephone services, poltronesofà may, however, collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to poltronesofà. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, in store, by communicating or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, when you use our telephone services, register to use our site, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site or hosted by us, enter a competition, promotion or survey, request a call back from one of our personal shopping advisors, when you speak to a personal shopping advisor, when you report a problem with our products and services.
- comunicazioni promozionali, indagini di mercato, analisi economico/statistiche, programmi a premi, rilevazioni del grado di soddisfazione della clientela. Potranno inoltre essere utilizzati per attività di marketing o di informazioni commerciali volte a premiare o favorire i clienti in ragione agli eventuali acquisti attraverso l'invio di locandine pubblicitarie e documentazione promozionale cartacea, e-mail, sms, mms.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number.
- Information poltronesofà collects about you. During each of your visits to our sites, any communications with us, or use of our telephone service we may automatically collect the following information:
- The telephone number which you use to call us from;
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information poltronesofà receives from other sources. We may also collect information about you from other sources, and combine such information with information we hold about you - including where:
- You provide information to us through your use or interaction with our social media channels.
Sensitive Personal Data.
Unless we make it clear otherwise, our policy is not to ask for any sensitive personal data. We or our service providers may require certain sensitive data to process your order or deal with your enquiries.
Information about other people.
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us to use it.
How is your personal information used?
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
Information you give to poltronesofà.
We will use this information as follows:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
Information poltronesofà collects about you.
We will use this information:
To administer our site and telephone services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
To improve our site and telephone services to ensure that information is provided in the most effective manner for you (and for your computer);
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
As part of our efforts to keep our site and telephone services safe and secure;
To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site and telephone services about goods or services that may interest you or them;
To keep information in compliance with our legal obligations.
Information poltronesofà receives from other sources.
We may combine the information you give to us with information which we collect about you and information which we collect or buy from third parties about you. We may use this information and the combined information we collect about you for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of information
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information, we may be obliged to do so.
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who works for us, which provides products and services to you, or for one of their service providers. Such individuals or organisations may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Where your personal information is disclosed to any of our service providers for these purposes, they will only have access to the information needed to perform their functions, and our contractual agreements with them do not permit them to use your personal information for their own purposes. We also take steps to help ensure that they will process it in compliance with the Act.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
What are cookies and what are they used for?
A cookie is a small text file embedded in your hard drive by the server of the site you are visiting. This file is neither a virus nor spyware.
Cookies are used to make surfing on the web easier for you. What actually happens when you visit a website for the first time is that the site’s server sends a file to your computer, which installs itself automatically on the disk. Thanks to this cookie, your web experience is automatically customised.
Types of cookies
There are three different types of cookies:
- Session cookies: these are mainly used by online shops and allow you to keep items in your basket when shopping online. These cookies expire when the browser is closed.
- Permanent cookies: these remain in operation, even when you have closed the browser. They remember your login details and password so you don’t have to type them in every time you use the site. The law concerning permanent cookies stipulates that they need to be deleted after a period of six months.
- Third-party cookies: these are installed by third parties with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out various research into behaviour, demographics etc. The website poltronesofa.com includes Google Analytics cookies, a traffic analysis tool supplied by Google, Inc. (“Google”). They are third-party cookies gathered and managed anonymously to monitor and improve the website’s performances (performance cookies).